martedì 22 gennaio 2008

80th Academy Awards Nominees

Congratulations to Viggo for the deserved nomination as Best Actor for his amazing performance as Nikolai in David Cronenberg's "Eastern Promises". :D


Reactions to the announcement of this year's Oscar nominees:

"No, if there's a strike I will not go but I have a feeling they'll solve it. I hope they do. I'm sure my mom would like to see me on TV and so forth, but if there's a strike I'm not crossing the line." - Viggo Mortensen, nominated for best actor for "Eastern Promises." source

"There were a lot of candidates and a lot of the awards shows or organizations this year have had different mixes of people. It was nice to see Tommy Lee Jones in there. He hadn't been in so much of the mix and when I saw his name come up and there was only one name left to go, I thought, `Naah, well, there's no way (I'll be nominated).' So to be honest, I was quite surprised." — Viggo Mortensen, on his best actor nomination for "Eastern Promises." source