domenica 19 agosto 2007

Words on Viggo from his former roommate William Butler, who also worked with him on Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 and Black Velvet Pantsuit.

TM: I read that you were roommates with Viggo Mortensen for close to 5 years. You also worked with him on Leatherface Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 and Black Velvet Pants Suit, which I can not seem to find anywhere. Do you still talk to him and is there any chance that the two of you will collaborate on a film project in the future?

WB: I was, Black Velvet Pants suit was a short film that I directed along time ago, its been retired because my friend who was the star of it died of cancer and its an uncomfortable situation for me, so one of these days when I am ready I'll pull it out.....I'll save it for the Willam Butler retrospect.

TM: How did you meet Viggo?

WB: I was working on a film called PRISON, which is like FURNACE....The first day I met him I was eating lunch in a Wyoming Holiday Inn and he was walking through the restaurant with no shoes on and I thought he was a complete Jackass. So there was no place else to sit and he sat at my table and we became friends instantly! Viggo is a really funny guy, very few people know that but he was cracking me up so we started hanging out, drinking together, talking about acting, I met his fiance which turned out to be his wife after the shoot and I thought he was one of the most exemplary, awesome, creative people that I have ever met.....he's really amazing.

TM: Do you still keep in contact with him?

WB: Not so much anymore cause you know Viggo is like hugely famous now, I work everyday I get up at 6:00 write till 11:00 and then work until like 9:00. Our lives just changed, we were both struggling at a certain point and now we have our own lives. You know that doesn't mean that we aren't friends and I still speak to him but not nearly as much as I would like to he is a great guy and I really enjoy him!

TM: What do you think his best role is?

WB: You know its funny I just watched A History of Violence and I think that's the best thing he did.

TM: What about the Lord of the Rings Trilogy? Do you think he was pretty good in it?

WB: I'm not a big LOTR fan, I have a short attention span, any movie over 2 hours I'm lost. I think Viggo was really good in it, but I do not do well in battle scenes. I think they are beautiful films and Peter Jackson is like the most amazing director ever, but I don't know if its Viggo's best work.......I think its Viggo's most famous work.

© Tim Malcolm source

Viggo Mortensen - shared a split level house with me for five years and I considered him family. What few people dont know is that he is hilarious. The crazy dirty boy routine is a bit put on - but he is about half way there...as am I. One time while shooting in Wyoming, he chased me around a hotel with a fishing rod, trying to hook me. One of the first fans he ever had was a weird Danish guy who used to wear a tshirt with a picture of Viggo on it - with HIS TIME WILL COME written on it....even though we used to laugh about it, I suppose it was true. We eventually grew apart when he became an action figure.

source


Viggo Mortensen: Was best pals with me for around five years - the most interesting thing about him that no one knows is he is one of the funniest people you will ever meet. I miss him very much since Hollywood sent him to happymealville. I remember one night we took mushrooms and stared at a candle all night.

source