venerdì 3 agosto 2007


from xpose #23/2003


[...] EMILY: Have you had to go back to New Zealand to do any reshoots for the final Lord of the Rings film?
ORLANDO: Yeah, and I was so emotional to say goodbye to that. Ahhh… it's the last time I don the blonde wigs and the pointy ears. They gave me my bow and arrow after the last shot and they cut together a little clip of "leggy" moments from the movie. There's this bit- they played it to me - you know the eighties that kind of song like "Hungry Eyes?"
EMILY: Oh sure [sadly]
ORLANDO: So it's like Viggo pulling his sword, then there's me going [he bats his eyes]. It was so funny! [laughter] It was this whole homoerotic thing and Ian's going [he pantomimes argh]!
EMILY: Can I get a copy? [I said this without jest or humor quite frankly- with an eyebrow raised in fantasy visions of this young buck frolicking in elven ears…]
ORLANDO: [laughter] You! Ah, you know maybe Peter will put it on the dvd! Can you imagine! Totally. We had such a laugh. You should see the photos - the Polaroids we've got. [laughter] But it was so much fun. You know what's going to be awesome? Pete…everything is documented. Pete loves that shit! The gag reel he's going to do is going to be all that shit!

source